Corporate videos have become an essential element in marketing products and services of a company, communicating with customers, clients, showcasing new launches, products or services, employee training and updates. Advertising a company through corporate videos is now a tried and tested formula with proven track record. In this piece, we’ll be discussing and focusing on making and using corporate videos for businesses to generate, convert and raise leads.
What is a corporate video BTW?
In the competitive world of today, marketing strategy for any small to medium scale business has to be appropriate and effective. Companies and organizations are now harnessing to high quality corporate videos in telling their brand’s story to the world as we all know that humans are by nature visual creatures, creating immense response as opposite to content. Besides services and products, corporate videos are also made for training, reviews, promotional, launch, testimonials, presentation, vBlogs, company culture videos, webinars, events or informational purposes. Such corporate videos have key criterion like script, client meet, story boarding, and speaking with the client, production and delivery to cover.
Why corporate videos are important?
In current business scenario, corporate videos are type of multipurpose power tools that help businesses soar to greater heights by broadcasting their services and products to the world. However, it has to provide true value for individuals, turning them into loyal customers and retaining them at the same time. Below cited are few undeniable reasons why corporate videos are key marketing strategies that businesses worldwide are relying on:
- Corporate videos are the easiest, fastest and most affordable ways to reach the visual and auditory learners who are hard pressed for time to go through a lengthy content to have information about a product or service, as research shows that over 85 percent of the consumers buy a product after seeing its corporate video in modern context.
- Corporate videos are the shortcut methods of showcasing a new launch with subtitles in diverse languages, attracting wide range of consumers across the globe.
- A good corporate video production company rightly recognizes the type and need of audience that their client requires. Hence, they create business videos that relate to the sector.
- A nicely done corporate video gets good ranking in SEO. Besides content, Google has recognized of late that websites with effectual corporate videos and images will get good results in terms of search engine ranking, as report says that it is 53 times more likely that a website would get Google top 10 ranking by adding company videos.
- Marketers have observed that bounce rate of websites has declined significantly through corporate videos. Visitors spend more time on a website with unique videos related to business.
- Corporate videos are easy to share. So, an innovative corporate video in a website or a Facebook page gets easy attention of the consumer as they watch, like and share it, helping in cross selling right away!
Compelling tips to make successful corporate videos – be it your first or twentieth!
- Get your script right! Remember, this blueprint is akin to an architect’s plan of a proposed building. Your script decides the length of the corporate video. A two or a three minutes clear and concise corporate video is ideal for marketing a company’s product and services.
- Schedule the production, shooting and editing sessions carefully.
- Understand your audience’s apprehensions as well as aspirations. Don’t just talk about your product or services. Highlight your client company and show the way it can resolve the issue, thus making life better by saving money.
- Go for two-camera setup and make your real actors look good and not anxious and club together the best parts by taking out the ‘umms’ and pauses easily.
- Always opt for highest quality audio while making a corporate video. Also, external audio recorders with excellent shotgun microphone or wireless lapel set can be a good alternative. However, make sure to hide them to give your corporate video a more professional look.
- Besides nicely lit production studious, three-point lighting can do wonders! Always use reflectors and single key lighting when shooting outside for a corporate video.
- Do carry some extra clothes in case your clothing doesn’t work on camera.
- Set up check-ins and review points for post-production process to avoid unnecessary revisions in corporate video.
- Music at the background in corporate videos plays a vital role yet tricky subject to handle. No matter what’s you pick, just make certain that it’s licensed and royalty-free.
- Edit corporate video on machines and software you are comfortable in handling. Some of the industry certified software like Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Composer and Final Cut Pro are used on a maximum basis.
Before you embark on your corporate video marketing strategy, few pointers to keep in mind:
- Understand your goal – brand awareness, conversion, newsletter sign ups or creating excitement about your new service or product.
- Fix the platform where you will be using the corporate video, as website videos for businesses should have a formal tone and Facebook and other social media can have informal approach.
- Make your corporate video for a maximum duration of 60 seconds, as too long ones are generally not preferred by social media viewers.
- Maintain the consistency in uploading corporate videos. Two videos or more in a month is good.
- Optimize, promote and keep no stones unturned in terms of marketing. However, remember to embed your company logo in the corporate video.
Few popular brands & their success stories after adding corporate videos in their websites:
Callaway Golf Company
The company is known for designing, manufacturing, marketing and selling golf equipment and accessories. Their corporate video tutorials uploaded time to time provide their audiences with information on how to improve the game and various challenges that real time golf profiles undergo.
This jewelry brand founded in 2008 by two sisters, regularly uploads inspirational unique corporate videos and casual interviews of the two sisters and other famous faces on their webpage that talk about their respective stories with absolute truth.
In the corporate videos of this British multinational banking and financial company, one gets to see their employees sharing their workplace experiences and fun, along with the values and efficiency they put while serving the community.
First company to manufacture blue jeans, the corporate video on their site speaks about the founder, his enthusiasm and creativity in introducing this origin concept.
This US video hosting company successfully captures the attention of their audiences by using simple corporate videos for marketing their company. They do it on their own. The corporate videos about their company, products and services are majorly shot on Smartphone, by using the right kind of mic and transforming the conference room into a beautifully lit video studio.
So, we can draw the line to our discussion by saying that corporate videos have become a necessity, not luxury in the current business context. To score good in ROI, this tool is a must for online success, creating original brand image. Get hold of a professional corporate video production company, since an informative, engaging and catchy corporate video can effectively help your clients build trust and authenticity for your brand and respect the sites who use corporate videos for marketing their brand. It creates a channel of communication and gives relevant information about your product and service to the world in a powerful way!