Continuing my last post – Picture Postcard Honeymoon Destinations In & Around India Part 1, about few of the hottest Indian honeymoon spots, read on further for a fairy-tale pastime together…
- Mcleodganj: A pristine hill station 10 kms from Dharamsala, Mcleodganj can be an exotic stopover for any honeymooner looking to spend some spiritual togetherness with each other! Land of 14 Dalai Lama, this exquisite getaway has plenty of cozy cafeterias, bakeries, monasteries depicting Tibetan and Buddhist motifs, arts and crafts. Surrounded by majestic mountains, verdant greeneries, valleys and breathtaking meadows, Mcleodganj is that perfect setting where a newlywed can start a journey of a lifetime with marital bliss!
What to enjoy: Besides enjoying the wonderful weather and awesome natural surroundings, Mcleodganj can be that ideal location for a couple loving adventure feats. Trekking, camping and bonfire are few fun and thrilling activities that are quite popular in this quaint hill resort. There are waterfalls, museums, temples, lakes, art galleries, forts and more! Lastly, lip-smacking street food and budget shopping are something which any newlywed would find hard to miss!
Honeymoon Duration: 2 to 4 days
Best time for Honeymooners: From October till June
- Kadmat Island: Alternatively known as Cardamom Island, Kadmat Island is that amazing location tailor-made for couples looking for an adventurous honeymoon. A paradise for water sports, this splendid island of Lakshadweep is a cluster of serene spots and startling marine life. Any beach lover after tying the knot would love to spend some quiet comforting moments in this beautiful place. A remote island experience like this can, no doubt, double the love for any honeymooner, isn’t it?
What to enjoy: The Island is abounded by lagoons and silvery sands, making it a perfect sun bathing spot! Moreover, explore different adventure sports like scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, sailing, canoeing and visiting nearby islands, Mohiyudeen Mosque, glass bottomed boat adventure and other activities. Beach volley ball is an added attraction of Kadmat Island.
Honeymoon Duration: 2 to 3 days
Best time for Honeymooners: All through the year!
- Spiti: A duo looking forward to experience a wintry dreamland in their honeymoon can select Spiti, ‘The little Tibet’ nestled in the Himalayas. This hamlet is located in the midst of glaciers, rivers, old monasteries, lush valleys and beautiful orchards. One of the highest altitude places in the world, Spiti is famed for its untouched beauty. Rev up your romance by spending some secluded moments together and exploring the spotless charm of enigmatic Spiti ceaselessly!
What to enjoy: Besides rugged terrain and remoteness of topography, couples can indulge in mountain biking, trekking, skiing, yak safari and thrilling jeep safaris. Tabo Monastery, Key Monastery, Chandratal Lake, Dhankar Monastery, Pin Valley National Park, Tayul Monastery, Kungri Monastery etc. are must see attractions of this mysterious land. Furthermore, shopping at different Tibetan shops and cooperative societies are the additional attractions of Spiti.
Honeymoon Duration: 4 to 6 days
Best time for Honeymooners: From Mid May till October
- Kodaikanal: A place known for its immense natural beauty, Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu is a hill station and a popular retreat for honeymooners! The climate is a mix of hot and humid based 2133 meters above the sea level; it’s one of the most preferred destinations for many newlyweds. Thick foliage, huge rocks, breathtaking natural cascades and striking wilderness of this land make Kodaikanal a sought-after place for couples looking to stimulate their post wedding romance!
What to enjoy: Meadows, grasslands, acacia and eucalyptus forest make Kodaikanal a place with splendid beauty! In addition to this, Kodai Lake, Berijam Lake, Bear Shola Falls, Dolphins Nose, Silver Cascade Falls, Kodaikanal Solar Observatory, Kartikeya Temple, Silver Cascade Falls and others are some of the not-to-miss attractions of Kodaikanal. Adventure loving couples can also explore trekking, long walks and bicycle ride in Coakers walk, horse riding, angling and boat riding at Kodaikanal.
Honeymoon Duration: 1 to 2 days
Best time for Honeymooners: From September till May
- Jaisalmer: If love birds after their nuptial knot look for a true ‘hearty affair’, Jaisalmer could be a wonderful choice! To give your honeymoon an awe-inspiring streak of love and passion in the midst of Thar Desert, this ‘Golden City’ can be simply amazing! To give a regal touch to one’s new marital journey, Jaisalmer can be an impressive getaway for knowing each other in a better way for a fulfilling, promising life in the future.
What to enjoy: In addition to the magnificent havelis, forts, lakes and tasty appetizing Rajasthani cuisine, Jaisalmer is a hub for those couples who are willing to sprinkle a dash of thrill and exciting activities into their honeymoon! Some of the actions like Dune bashing, Paramotoring, Tent stay, Desert camp safari, Camel safari, Jeep safari, Visiting Indo-Pak border region and Quad biking are going to make one’s honeymoon an experience with amazing memories to cherish!
Honeymoon Duration: 2 to 4 days
Best time for Honeymooners: From October till February
And again, if budget isn’t your concern, you can give these two destinations a shot…
- Mauritius: Better known as the Paradise Island, Mauritius is an exquisite island on the Indian Ocean which is famous for its ethereal beaches with powdery sand. Starting right from spending some quality private moments to enjoying tons of adventures, Mauritius is that ideal go-to place for newlyweds who are interested to blend romance with exciting activities.
What to enjoy: Besides beaches and turquoise blue lagoons, Mauritius is unparalleled when it comes to enjoying water sports. Trendy bars, beach eateries and fine dinner restaurants catering delectable sea food and Indian, Chinese and African flavors make one’s honeymoon truly memorable! Couples with a naughty streak can try parasailing, sky diving or simply explore the city in your own pace by hiring a local car. Visiting Mauritius and not indulging in spa, is something you’ll regret forever! Do relish couple spa sessions and carry home a soothing experience.
Honeymoon Duration: 6 to 7 days
Best time for Honeymooners: From May till December
- Sri Lanka: Also known as the ‘Island of Love’, Sri Lanka is one of the most preferred honeymoon destinations for newlyweds worldwide! It’s a tropical paradise which can make any couple fall in love with each other all over again. Sprawling white sand beaches, exotic lagoons, adventure sports, delicious Sri Lankan cuisine and wine, national parks and reserve forests make this place an enthralling destination. With endless privacy in spending couple time together, Sri Lanka can’t go wrong in any way for any honeymooner!
What to enjoy: Besides beaches, lip smacking food and national parks, few things in Sri Lanka are a must try like the Adam’s Peak, Galle – one of the most preserved colonial townscapes in the world, exotic birds of this land, vibrant nightly temple practices and rituals, Sigiriya – the towering rock structure, sperm whale and dolphin watching, spending cozy moments in jungle canopies and having a firsthand experience of herbal medicines.
Honeymoon Duration: 5 to 6 nights
Best time for the Honeymooners: From December till March
Now when you have a fair idea of where to plan your honeymoon, choose any of these places for an incredibly romantic vacation with your beloved!